Sunday, July 1, 2012

Recipe: Italian Steak Strips with Pasta

Last week I signed up for eMeals, a site that generates a week's worth of supper recipes and a corresponding grocery list. With all the projects and organizing going on, I needed something to kind of dictate the kitchen for me. You can subscribe for 3, 6, or 12 months, and it's about $5 a month (though you pay in one lump sum). You can pick the number in your family (I signed us up for the 1-2 people recipes), dietary preferences. (I chose low carb, since carbs are my weakness), and even store preferences. Way cool Oh, and it's even endorsed by money wizard Dave Ramsey. (Thanks, Shantal for turning me on to this site!)

I wished I had snapped a pic of our plates before we dug in, but I didn't think about the blog until it was too late. Regardless, this recipe warrants sharing. It includes a few tweaks now that I've gone through the steps.

Ingredients
12-16 oz lean steak
1/2 can tomato sauce
1 T olive oil
1/2 t each salt, pepper, minced garlic
1 T Italian dressing
1 c low carb pasta
(asparagus as a side)

If you're roasting the asparagus, pregnant the oven to 450*.
Put the water for the pasta on to boil. Once the water starts to boil, add pasta.
Cut the steak into thin strips. (I used top sirloin. If you don't care about presentation, go ahead and cut into bite-sized pieces so you don't have to cut when you eat it on the pasta.)
Heat oil in skillet on med-high heat.
Combine salt, pepper, and garlic.
Place steak in skillet, pour tomato sauce and Italian dressing on steak.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic on top, mix all together.
Cook steak, covered, until desired doneness.

Sprinkle a little oil, salt, and paper on asparagus in jelly roll pan, cook in oven for about 5 minutes.

Serve steak and sauce over pasta. Enjoy!

Feel free to post variations and pictures if you try this out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment